mardi 28 août 2012

Le Mont Saint Michel !

Le Mont Saint Michel
Hi there!
 Still on vacations but not for long since I'll have to get back to school on the 4th. Until then I'm free to have as much leisure time as I can fit in a day...Honestly, I feel like this year is going to be chalenging, my schedule seems pretty full from now on and I don't know yet how well it's going to work out between my classes that are going from 8 am until 5pm, my hobies outside of school, and my job (if I manage to find one before school starts). That's pretty much what is going on for me right now when one week one back in time I was visiting the Mont Saint Michel in Normandy with my family and our american friend, Matthew, coming from North Carolina ! The Mont Saint Michel is one the most visited site after the Effel Tower wich is the first one, so we couldn't just skip it especially since we had a guest with us we needed to go there. That's why, I suppose, we did it twice in a row and thrice for my dad who seemed to enjoy it so much...yeah it's huge.  If you want to get a good picture of if you need to approach it under different set of view (usually you have enough of it after one time).
        So the first time we did it we were with a guide that took us across the Bay of The Mont Saint Michel to the monument itself. He explained all about this rock on wich an abbaye was seatted for many centuries. That used to be, we're back in the 10th century (when people  thought that walking for miles and miles would erase their sins), the most prised pelgrinage site that you could find at this time. If you got there alive, from the shifting sands to the moving tides it was a difficult task,  you were blessed. Of course only those that had the purest soul could get there out of troubles. I got there fine. The guide must have been some kind of god to be achieving this crossing everyday ! Incredibly, about 20 000 pelgrins were doing the crossing everyday back then (less than half were ever going back though)!
What happened when your soul wasn't pure...(loads of people get stuck)

 What happened to it next I paid less attention : it got through the 100 years war intact, resisted all of the english assault and got forgotten afterwards until it sucited a new interest among the french writers of the 19th, like Flaubert, Maupassant and Hugo, among many others, pulling it back to life again. And nowadys it's a big touristic attraction that you'll do if ever you come visit me:)
Which, after you read this, will want to do for sure!
See you soon on skype!


oh, my brother!
Your extra-terrestre.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire