jeudi 26 juillet 2012

Ambroise Paré, my high school.
Hello la fripouille!
Hope everybody is doing good in Canada ! Here, in Laval, I'm enjoying myself as a real tourist! I never leave without my camera and it turns out to be pretty funny wandering downtown with everbody staring at me in a suspicious way. They're not really use to be famous in Laval that's why...but I'll take care of that in this blog. It might be the only town in france that you'll know but at least you will remember this one :) That's a start!
Being a tourist is a difficult job (not kidding) especially with french people. I got in some trouble with one woman that was walking towards me as I was taking a picture of the castle with some back ground houses of Laval, I thought it was nice picture as she walked faster and stopped in front of me to ask me, with a very bad look in her face, if I'd dared putting her in that picture or if she'd dreamt...I almost said to her that I took that photo because of her to put it in facebook but instead I just replied that if she wanted me to erase it I will and then she kept on walking looking slightly upset. I should have told her that I came back from Canada, maybe she would have understand better :)
People watching is alsways something that I get into without even noticing and people don't like it when somebody is just staring at them (hum a stranger...) it makes you look very impolite.
This is a street heading to a market place and the houses are dated from the 13th centuries.

La perrine

Don't cross the way of the dogs' owner either because they're extremely sensitive about their animal! Take this warning seriously if you don't wanna get kick by the leash of a furious woman (women often more than men I noticed) because you said something wrong about her lovely pet! Apart from these little things happening here an there, Laval is rather quiet and small but there is still room to fit you all! Of course when you see pictures taken from a city in books or magazines they're rarely showing the ugly sides of it, only showing the prettiest of it...what's interesting can be also beautiful but then it varies on the public's interest. Thats a way to say that downtown is very small and going out from downtown may seem to you as if it could be anywhere.


I love going through there but it's also very narrow, better go in daylight


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire